National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : April 01, 2019Application deadline : April 07, 2019
Community Health Research Worker with Maternal and Neonatal Health under the Maternal and Child Health Division (Adv#76/2019)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.Special Information – icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Community Health Research Worker with Maternal and Neonatal Health under the Maternal and Child Health Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 5 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station – Kushtia
No. of vacancy – 1 post
Salary – 23,741/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
The position holder will Identify survey respondents and collect data WITH THE OBJECTIVE OF supporting research studies WITHIN the guidelines of project-specific field research procedures; and organisational values and guidelines.
- Phone Call Interview: Call the caregivers/mothers to fix the first time facility visit appointments of the child. Conduct follow-up interviews with the mother of under-five years child over phone using tablet device, Collect health related information from mother about the child; Conduct face to face interviews with under five child mothers.
- Sample collection and Documentation:Measure height and weight; collect specimens and test haemoglobin; Provide health card with brief summary of clinical test; Conduct development assessment of the child; Counselling of the caregivers/ mothers to visit the facility for assessing her child. Take part actively in other/ various research studies as needed and documentation: Keep recording of all contraceptives, drugs and other logistics in proper way.
- Data entry and Data Coding: Receive filled up data collection form; Check the forms as per the standard guideline; Discuss with the supervisor to update about the data received; Perform data coding as per the guidelines of the research team; Prepare a data entry plan including appropriate software; Provide dual data entry in the specific data entry screen in order to capture and provide complete and accurate information for further use.
Education and relevant experience:
- SSC or equivalent with Diploma in Medical Technology.
- 2 years of work experience in field research. Preference will be given to the candidates who have experience working in Maternal and Child health area.
Knowledge of –
Knowledge of –
- Data Collection Tools and Procedures
- Ethical Guidelines
- IT Systems and standard Applications
- Documentation and record keeping
- Collection and Management of Biological Samples
Skill on –
Skill on –
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by April 07, 2019. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.