National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : March 28, 2019
Application deadline : April 06, 2019
Research Officer with Maternal and Child Nutrition under the Nutrition and Clinical Services Division (Adv#72/2019)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.Special Information – icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
- Protocol Development: Understand protocols developed by PI; Analyse protocol for feasibility of field implementation; Provide inputs on protocol and methodologies; Create preliminary budgets for protocols; Revise budgets after consultation with Research Investigator; Review protocol for adherence to qualitative research principles and make appropriate suggestions in order to support creation of proposals and protocols with funding potential.
- Project Implementation: Perform laboratory tests and experiments following the protocol of the affiliated research project that includes: Sample processing; Isolation and identification of bacteria; Detection of genes of interests by PCR, Data analysis etc; Assure appropriate bio-safety measures in the laboratory during testing in order to ensure proper project implementation. Perform molecular detection and identification of pathogen by ELISA, PCR (both conventional and Real Time);Prepare samples for testing ; following SOP; Use appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) during testing; Report results, maintaining strict confidentiality; Store samples from liquid nitrogen shipper for future research; Maintain temperature log for sample and investigator products as well as temperature log in transit through cool box in order to carry out Research Laboratory Diagnostics smoothly.
- Scientific Analysis and Report Writing: Write initial report, based on one’s own analysis, experience and understanding of the work; Discuss all team members’ initial reports together for consensus on findings; Prepare final report for submission to supervisor; Revise final report based on feedback received from supervisor; Review the manuscript written by Research Investigator and provide feedback in order to support scientific manuscript creation.
- Quality Assurance: Read latest literature regarding tests and procedures; Review and update quality assurance manual; Train other staff on quality processes; Participate in external quality assurance schemes
- M.Sc. in Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Microbiology with good academic record.
- 3 years of experience in relevant field. Experience can be relaxed up to one year in case of outstanding results or experience in laboratory.
Knowledge of –
- Ethical Guidelines
- Data Collection Methods
- Processing of Different Biological Specimens
- Computer Operations (MS Office, MS Excel, MS Power point, Statistical)
- Scientific Thinking
- Bio-Hazards, Bio-Security, Bio-Safety and Waste Management;
Skill on –
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams