National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : April 02, 2019
Application deadline : April 08, 2019
Senior Scientific Officer with Clinical under the Laboratory Sciences and Services Division (Adv#77/2019)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.Special Information – icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Senior Scientific Officer with Clinical under the Laboratory Sciences and Services Division. The appointment will be made on Fixed Term basis for 2 years which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Duty station – Dhaka
No. of vacancy – 1 post
Salary – Annual Tk. 1,200,670/ -inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities – 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,917/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
To perform routine and special laboratory tests, calibrations,equipment maintenance and troubleshooting, record keeping, maintain logs for supplies, co-ordinate and perform IQC and EQAS activities, with the objective of performing laboratory tests to deliver high-quality lab services with optimal use of resource within the guidelines of SOP/protocols; available resources and organisational values and guidelines (such as Institutional Governance Framework – IGF and Gender Diversity Guidelines).
- Clinical Laboratory Diagnostics: Report final results and determine clinical coherence where needed; order repeat or reflex tests to confirm validity of patient data, monitor staffs for adherence to quality assurance processes and maintain legitimate records for tracebility of results, participate in sample testing as assigned, co-ordinate and monitor day-to day routine laboratory activities particularly in weekends and as assigned in order to ensure timely delivery of accurate and clinically appropriate test results maintaining appropriate quality as per standards and regulations.
- Quality Assurance, bio-safety and bio-security.: Maintain IQC chart and evaluate plotted data, make plan for validation of new or modified tests for adoption, analyze data and prepare reports for review; co-ordinate inter-laboratory comparison and EQAS activities, perform root-cause analysis for discordance and implement corrective actions; review and update SOPs; develop new and revise existing SOPs ; practice and monitor adherence to bio-safety guidelines and compliance with ISO 15189 standards in the laboratory and organize trainings/ re-trainings for existing, new and revised SOPs in order to ensure adherence to ISO 15189 and 15190 standards and requirements in the laboratory.
- Inventory and Resource Management: Prepare requisition for stock/non-stock laboratory reagent and consumable; maintain electronic inventory for laboratory supplies, track consumptions and prepare reports, perform physical verification of stocks and prepare reports, in order to ensure optimum utilization of available resources and their timely acquisition.
- Equipment Maintenance and Troubleshooting:Perform in-house maintenance and calibration of complex laboratory equipment particularly the autoanalyzers, carry out minor trouble shooting; maintain equipment maintenance records; validate maintenances performed by junior staffs; provide input for development of equipment maintenance plan and monitor for execution; co-ordinate with Bio-engineering for preventive and on-demand maintenance of equipments in order to maintain the laboratory equipments in optimum functionality round the clock.
- People Management: Routine monitoring and co-ordination of staffs working in laboratory, train junior staffs, students and trainees on bio-safety and QMS procedures; SOPs and equipment operations and to develop their skills and competency. Take part in laboratory supervision in weekends and off hours in order to ensure continuous improvement of laboratory personnel.
Education and relevant experience:
- MBBS with postgraduate training in Public Health.
- 3-4 years of experience in clinical and ISO accredited Clinical Microbiology and Immunology lab.
Knowledge of –
Knowledge of –
- Modern Clinical Laboratory Methods and Technologies
- Clinical Interpretation of Microbiology /Clinical Pathology/Immunology tests
- Laboratory Quality Standards and Good Clinical Laboratory Practices
- Different Chemicals and Reagents
- Laboratory IT Systems
- Laboratory Inventory Management Tools
- Regulatory Compliance
- Laboratory Safety Requirements
Skill on –
Skill on –
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by April 08, 2019. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.